[rescue] E4000 Wierdness

Michael Vergallen mvergall at pandora.be
Wed Jan 25 07:15:46 CST 2006

Phil Stracchino wrote:

>Michael Vergallen wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>I've got a weird situation on  my E4000  the  system works  well  but
>>when I  boot the system  it gives me a warning namely :
>>
>>status 'fail' for '/disk-board at e,0' on board 7
>>
>>what is the meaning of that  because the system boots & works normally ?
>>
>>Anyone knows what I need to do to fix this.
>>

>If you look at the status lights on the boards, you'll probably find you
>have a maintenance LED lit on the board in slot 7 indicating a failure
>on that board.  Depending what that *is* and what's failed on it, you
>may very well be able to boot and run without it.

No the issue was heat on the diskboard thus the damn thing tought it was
failing ...as soon as it indicated something more usefull e.i. Fan
Failure on disk-board I knew what to do...so I simply moved the
disk-board to a location that has a dedicated psu to keep it cool and it
just worked without complaining ever since... if only the original
message made more sense ...it was not a failure as sush but the board
was getting hot so it started to disfunction.
Because now that message & all other error messages have disapeared and
I only moved the board.

Michael.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of mvergall.vcf]