[rescue] E4000 Wierdness

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Wed Jan 25 06:51:16 CST 2006

Michael Vergallen wrote:
> Hi,
> I've got a weird situation on  my E4000  the  system works  well  but
> when I  boot the system  it gives me a warning namely :
>
> status 'fail' for '/disk-board at e,0' on board 7
>
> what is the meaning of that  because the system boots & works normally ?
>
> Anyone knows what I need to do to fix this.

If you look at the status lights on the boards, you'll probably find you
have a maintenance LED lit on the board in slot 7 indicating a failure
on that board.  Depending what that *is* and what's failed on it, you
may very well be able to boot and run without it.

 Phil Stracchino       phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518