[rescue] NeWS

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Jan 21 14:27:17 CST 2006

Sat, 21 Jan 2006 @ 10:34 -0700, Richard said:

> In article <20060121154902.GE14927 at widomaker.com>,
>     Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>  writes:
>
> > KDE and Gnome are only the latest examples of this.
>
> I thought KDE and Gnome were just window managers.  They supply widget
> sets too?

KDE and Gnome are complete desktop environments, just like Motif, NeXT,
or MacOS.

Yes, they have widget sets, huge ones, and guidelines, and IPC
(unfortunately based on Microsoft ideas), and all kinds of nifty bloat
and eye candy.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I wish life was not so short. Languages
take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about." - J.