[rescue] NeWS

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Jan 21 14:28:36 CST 2006

Sat, 21 Jan 2006 @ 12:27 -0500, Joshua Boyd said:

> Metacity (the official window manager for GNOME) has less features that
> WindowMaker, Sawfish, FVWM, and numerous other window managers.  And yet
> somehow it also manages to be slower.

It's also huge:

% ps auxw | grep metacity
shannon   7207  0.0  0.9  14736  9824 ?        Ss   02:21   0:05 /usr/bin/metacity --sm-client-id=default0

Keep in mind, like Joshua said, this window manager does almost nothing
and isn't very fast.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I wish life was not so short. Languages
take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about." - J.