[rescue] Subject: Chase IOLAN Q

Meelis Roos mroos at linux.ee
Sat Jan 7 09:39:20 CST 2006

Hi,

I rescued a Chase Research IOLAN Terminal Server, model TS16-18229. It's
a desktop unit with 16 DB-25F DTE ports and a 10 Mbps Ethernet
connection (both AUI and coax, with a switch to select between them).
White desktop unit with external power supply. No other connectors or
sitches (no reset etc). 2 green LEDs, power and LAN IIRC.

The problem is I can't find any documentation for it after an hour of
googling and browsing www.perle.com. Chase Research was acquired by
Perle and they only have docs for the newer IOLAN+ devices and no
mention of the older IOLAN at all.

I assume it uses bootp+tftp to get configuration, but what should I give
it as the conf? Have not tried snooping the Ethernet yet. Nothing also
comes on any terminal ports on startup, but I have to recheck whether I
have the right cable or there is some DTE-DCE confusion on my side.

Does anyone have some docs/pointers about this termserver, or has used
one and remebers something about the configuration?

--
Meelis Roos (mroos at linux.ee)