[rescue] Fixing the NVRAM battery in the SS5

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Jan 6 15:34:54 CST 2006

" From: "Bryan Gurney" <arb_npx42 at comcast.net>
"
" On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 15:07:50 -0500, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com>
" wrote:
"
" > Bryan Gurney wrote:
" >> tried to set up OpenBSD on the SS5 but it always wedges at some point.
" >
" > That's odd.  Is it a different place every time or the same place
" > consistently?
"
" It's usually in the bootup section.  I remember reading an FAQ on it, and
" they said "Don't worry, it's just debug stuff."  Okay, but considering
" that I downloaded a released version of Debian, could you guys turn that
" off? :-P

<snide>
those hotshot linux weenies probably can't because they have
debug-code dependencies...
</snide>