[rescue] (Offtopic) X-Message-Flag fun for Outlook   users

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Aug 3 00:17:57 CDT 2006

Tue, 01 Aug 2006 @ 15:35 -0500, Steve Hatle said:

> On 8/1/06 1:49 PM, "Charles Shannon Hendrix" <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
>

> > How is stating the truth equivalent to being a prick?
> >

> IMHO, when you do it with a lack of tact. While the OP wasn't directly
> called "an illiterate moron", the allusion was implicit.

That wasn't implied in the message at all.

The poster stated a simple and verifiable fact: there is a direct
coorelation between idiots and users of Outlook (along with aol and
other common idiot magnets).

I seriously doubt he feels like the OP is an idiot.

I think the OP will have to put up with this problem and a huge ton of
other problems as long as he uses Outlook, but that's his choice.

However, one side effect of this choice is that the use of things like
Outlook and other broken software has done a lot of serious harm to the
net, and that's another verifiable fact.

Since it seems people have to be blindingly obvious lately: NOTE: this
is not saying the OP has harmed the net.

> The OP, for whatever reason, needs to use Outlook. Seems he knows there are
> problems with it, but that's life.
>
> Others, who apparently enjoy the view from their high horses, make a
> conscious decision to modify their outbound mail to tweak the noses of
> Outlook users. Folks then tell the OP that the annoyance these mods cause is
> his fault for using software with a "bad feature".
>
> Yeah- that makes sense.

It doesn't make sense to use software that you know is bad when you have
alternative choices either.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than
the sage amongst his books For to you kingdoms and their armies are mighty