[rescue] (Offtopic) X-Message-Flag fun for Outlook   users

Devin L. Ganger devin at thecabal.org
Wed Aug 2 15:24:12 CDT 2006

At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 8:48 AM, Peter Corlett wrote:

> On 1 Aug 2006, at 21:35, Steve Hatle wrote:

>> IMHO, when you do it with a lack of tact. While the OP wasn't
>> directly called "an illiterate moron", the allusion was implicit.

> And in this case, a work of imagination.
>
> I wasn't poking at anybody here.

You didn't do so directly, no, but to those of us who were following the
context of the conversation as a whole, it wasn't exactly clear whether you
meant to or not:

Lionel:
> Folks annoyed by the pop-ups will take the path of least resistance
> and unsubscribe I suspect

You:
> Excellent. What's the downside?
>
> I don't actually care what MUA people use if it behaves, but when
> their choice of MUA interferes with my enjoyment of email and news,
> I'd rather they just went away.

Lionel:
> How does anyone elses choice of MUA interfere with your enjoyment of
> email and news?

You:
> Because there's a strong correlation between being an illiterate
> moron that doesn't care about presentation of material, and Outlook
> usage, with Outlook's defaults encouraging creating hard-to-read
> messages.

As I'm the moron who started the thread, I do appreciate knowing that you
don't mean your comments to be aimed at me.

--
Devin L. Ganger <devin at thecabal.org>
Devin on Earth: http://blogs.thecabal.org/blogs/devin/