[rescue] LCD monitor diagnosis

Don Y dgy at DakotaCom.Net
Fri Apr 28 18:58:46 CDT 2006

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Don Y wrote:
>> We have "wheelchair" plates.  There doesn't seem to be too much
>> grumbling about that.  But, these "portable tags" that you hang
>> from rear view mirror are just too easy to abuse.  Hence the
>> effort to try to do something about them.
>
> Yes.  I have disabled plates on my motorcycle.  (Which is sometimes good
> for double-takes.)

<grin>  What you need to try is getting of the motorcycle at
your destination, removing your helmet and then reaching for
a collapsible WHITE CANE which you methodically unfold...

(I am only *joking* -- lest someone get bent out of shape!)

> I also have a placard, which gets used in the car.
> I'm far more often in the car, but putting a placard on the motorcycle
> in a manner not subject to trivial theft isn't the easiest thing.
>
> (About the best way I've thought of is to replace the windshield with
> not one, but two of the cheap, really thin aftermarket windshields, and
> sandwich the placard in between.)

I don't understand... why do you need the placard on the bike if
it has disabled plates?