[rescue] LCD monitor diagnosis

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Fri Apr 28 20:08:32 CDT 2006

Don Y wrote:
> Phil Stracchino wrote:
>>Yes.  I have disabled plates on my motorcycle.  (Which is sometimes good
>>for double-takes.)
>
> <grin>  What you need to try is getting of the motorcycle at
> your destination, removing your helmet and then reaching for
> a collapsible WHITE CANE which you methodically unfold...
>
> (I am only *joking* -- lest someone get bent out of shape!)

Actually, one of the first things I unpack *is* a collapsible cane.  But
it's not white.

> I don't understand... why do you need the placard on the bike if
> it has disabled plates?

My point was, that's the only reasonably theft-resistant way I could
think of to put the placard on the bike in a manner that meets legal
requirements, and it'd be a pain in the ass.  That's why the plate is on
the bike, and the placard goes in whichever of the two cars I happen to
be driving.