[rescue] LCD monitor diagnosis

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Fri Apr 28 18:16:01 CDT 2006

Don Y wrote:
> We have "wheelchair" plates.  There doesn't seem to be too much
> grumbling about that.  But, these "portable tags" that you hang
> from rear view mirror are just too easy to abuse.  Hence the
> effort to try to do something about them.

Yes.  I have disabled plates on my motorcycle.  (Which is sometimes good
for double-takes.)  I also have a placard, which gets used in the car.
I'm far more often in the car, but putting a placard on the motorcycle
in a manner not subject to trivial theft isn't the easiest thing.

(About the best way I've thought of is to replace the windshield with
not one, but two of the cheap, really thin aftermarket windshields, and
sandwich the placard in between.)