[rescue] Ultra AXe question

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Thu Apr 20 01:37:01 CDT 2006

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 09:34:41PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> How about something like a good SATA controller, or even a decent ATA
> controller?

Decent ATA controllers are possible. See
http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/sparc64/faq.html#pci-cards

SATA cards probably won't work as boot disks. That said, I've heard of
quite a number of people booting from CompactFlash (via IDE->CF adapters
hooked to the onboard IDE) and using add-on SATA controllers for most
storage. Not sure which SATA controllers are supported, but I think the
majority of popular add-on ones should be.

Only heard of people doing this with U5/10 systems, but I can't imagine the
AXE will be any different.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://weblogs.turner.org.za/mj/