[rescue] Ultra AXe question

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Thu Apr 20 13:45:31 CDT 2006

On Apr 20, 2006, at 05:34, Michael-John Turner wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 10:39:11PM -0500, Micah R Ledbetter wrote:
>> It does. I ran NetBSD on an AXe, before it dawned on me that NetBSD
>> wouldn't work for what I wanted to do, so I should go back to Linux,
>> and that the AXe wouldn't work for what I wanted to do, so I should
>> use something else (which ended up being a PC).
>
> Can you give us more info? I'd be curious to know what NetBSD
> couldn't do
> that Linux could (no I'm not trying to stir, just curious :)

This was a while back - it may have changed. I wanted to be able to
boot, and *then* mess with my RAID if it was fucked up. At the time,
Linux could do this (I used the mdadm toolset). NetBSD had to mess
with failed a RAID in the middle of the boot sequence.
As for the AXe, there was no reason that I couldn't use SPARC64, but
I needed more than 3 PCI slots :).

  - Micah