[rescue] Sun Blade 100

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Sat Apr 15 03:39:32 CDT 2006

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 09:35:39AM -0500, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> This is my first time trying to install NetBSD on an UltraSPARC, so I am
> a little lost.  Thanks.

I've never had a problem booting a supported UltraSPARC system from a
NetBSD CD. What does "probe-ide" at the PROM show? Where do you have the
drive hooked up - I think the Blade 100 probably needs it hooked up as
secondary master for the default "cdrom" alias to work.

Spotted http://040.digital-bless.com/texts/Unofficial_Sun_Blade_100_FAQ.htm:
apparently OBP 4.5 fixes some issues with faster CD-ROM drives. Perhaps
updating your PROM will help?

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://weblogs.turner.org.za/mj/