[rescue] ASR-33

Don Y dgy at DakotaCom.Net
Sat Apr 15 12:14:11 CDT 2006

Hi,

I'm restoring an ASR-33 and wanted to verify something
before chasing my tail, needlessly (chasing it for
OTHER reasons is acceptable  :-/ )

Are there *any* aspects of the interface that require
interaction between the send and receive devices?
E.g., can I hack together an EIA-232 --> current loop
converter to test the print mechanism WITHOUT bothering
to implement the other half (current loop --> EIA-232)?
Memory seems to tell me that this is, in fact, the
case but given the amount of bit rot in my cortex, I'd
like to verify that before dragging out a soldering iron...

Thanks!
--don