[rescue] Video card request

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Mon Nov 28 07:35:43 CST 2005

Steve Haavik wrote:
> I've been playing it on a Radeon 9800 (I think it's the 128 meg version)
> without any trouble. It's in an Athalon-64 system with 512 megs of ram.
>
> The forums at http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=228 had
> some good info about the technical issues with the game. They even have a
> list of the supported cards here.
> http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=ed6ffdc57380d98985c1883935b29caf&threadid=141405

Thanks, useful info.
It won't play at all on my Athlon64-system, apparently because SafeDisc4
is in denial about the existence of an optical drive in my system.  It's
a perfectly good NEC ND-3520AW, but no SafeDisc4-protected game will
play on it.  I'd like to go kick these copy-protection idiots in the
nuts; not only are they preventing legitimate buyers from playing their
games, they're *forcing people* to use hacks and cracks and pirated
versions, and they're too damn stupid to see it.

 Phil Stracchino       phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518