[rescue] Camera with direct connection?

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Tue Feb 8 07:16:35 CST 2005

On Monday 07 February 2005 06:03 pm, Thomas Gallaway wrote:

> Hmm digital camera's with FW you will have to spend a bit on that. I
> think there are webcam's now that have USB and 1 megapixel.
> http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2204,CONTENTI
>D=5042 That one is 1.3 megapixel.

I have a Pro 3000 and love its output.  A friend has the 4000, but had
problems with the Linux driver on newer kernels... IIRC there's a huge fuss
about whether or not the Phillips wdriver should be made part of the kernel
and the developer stopped support it or something...  it still works, but in
order to use the higher resolutions, you have to have the decompressor module
which is proprietary and released only in binary form.  I don't think the
kernel guys liked that.

-E.