[rescue] Camera with direct connection?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Feb 7 17:35:18 CST 2005

> From: Thomas Gallaway <rescue at port11.net>
> Date: 2005/02/07 Mon PM 11:03:38 GMT
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Camera with direct connection?
>
> Michael Dombrowski wrote:
>
> >I put up a fishtank webcam using my DV-bridge but am
> >not entirely pleased with the image quality. Anyone
> >know of a digital camera >= 1 megapixel that will let
> >you operate it in tethered mode? Cheap and Linux/Mac
> >compatability are plusses.
> >
> >Thanks
> >Mike
> >
> Hmm digital camera's with FW you will have to spend a bit on that. I
> think there are webcam's now that have USB and 1 megapixel.
> http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2204,CONTENTID=5042
> That one is 1.3 megapixel.
>
> Logitech also has a pretty cool PTZ camera but dunno what OS it supports.

What about something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48629&item=5749192567&rd=1

$99 BIN on eBay, wired webcam with (seemingly) reasonable specifications...

Same seller has $150 wireless webcams from the same vendor. I have a D-Link unit (wired/wireless) that I haven't gotten around to really configuring (find a window to point it out of ;^)