[rescue] SGI Challenge L systems available in Denver

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Sun Sep 26 15:13:53 CDT 2004

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 14:31:40 -0400
  Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:

> The aftermarket kits are worse though.  Some of the kits
>are bad, and
> then there are the slobbering morons who try to install
>them.

I have seen even worse things, like people installing blue
tinted headlights in order to mimic the "blueish" hue of
the xenon lamps (even though that is not a blueish hue but
a whiteish hue that seem blueish due to the contrast of
night light conditions). They do not seem to realize that
blue is the most easily absorved wavelenght at night, and
the conditions get even worse at rain!

> I also agree with the other poster about the color of
>the lights.
>
> I prefer yellow light.

I believe some countries like France used to have
mandatory yellow lights for the low beam in the
headlights. So basically you always drive with your fog
lights. A lot of EU contries also mandate that night over
head lighting on roads to be yellow.

> I wonder if that has something to do with being a human
>being on a
> planet with a yellow sun?  Hmmm....

Which planet is that? My planet has a white sun :)