[rescue] SGI Challenge L systems available in Denver

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Sun Sep 26 15:34:13 CDT 2004

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 01:13:53PM -0700, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:
> I believe some countries like France used to have
> mandatory yellow lights for the low beam in the
> headlights. So basically you always drive with your fog
> lights. A lot of EU contries also mandate that night over
> head lighting on roads to be yellow.

Which is stupid, because however cheap it may be, that flat yellow
sodium light hides colors and does horrible things for overall
visibility.  And that in turn affects your distance perception.  (Why
the latter, I don't know offhand, but apparently it does: humans judge
distance poorly in monochromatic light.)

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net