[rescue] SGI Challenge L systems available in Denver

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Sep 26 13:31:40 CDT 2004

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 @ 01:15 -0400, Ethan O'Toole said:

> > I wish they'd sell HID dimming rear windows or rear-view mirrors...
> > items that would convert the harsh light back into yellow light so I
> > don't want to rip the lungs out of HID drivers... come to think of it
> > I'd also like it on the windshield and all windows.
> > Andrew
>
> I did a bunch of research on it. Factory installed HID setups shouldn't
> cause issues to other drivers (the lights are angled quite a bit
> differently). The big issue is when people plug in these retrofit bulbs
> (which generally aren't DOT approved). Then the angle causes an issue.

My research consists of being in front of people with HID headlights and
being blinded by it.

Even factory installs are often way too bright.

The aftermarket kits are worse though.  Some of the kits are bad, and
then there are the slobbering morons who try to install them.

One of the biggest problems too is that people have headlights that are
mis-aimed and out of focus.  Inspections rarely do more than a cursory
check of your headlights, so even badly setup headlights pass.

Even if you have one of those fixed lenses like I do, you still have
to align the lamps in them properly, or the light will be off, dim, or
otherwise non-optimal.

What kills me is that most fixed lenses are nearly impossible to install
improperly, and yet some people manage to mess it up.

I also agree with the other poster about the color of the lights.

I prefer yellow light.

I wonder if that has something to do with being a human being on a
planet with a yellow sun?  Hmmm....

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The trade of governing has always been
monopolized by the most ignorant and the most rascally individuals of