[rescue] SGI Challenge L systems available in Denver

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Sep 23 22:32:42 CDT 2004

Thu, 16 Sep 2004 @ 10:36 -0700, Sheldon T. Hall said:

> Ethan O'Toole said ...
>
> > I could never understand why they don't put return ducts in
> > every room of
> > the house that has doors that might be fully closed :-)
>
> I can tell you: cost and complexity.  Ductwork costs money, and, if you have
> a lot of it, the house's framing has to be designed to accommodate it, which
> also costs.

I think he's talking about just a duct between one room and the next.

You know... the kind often built into the door itself, except maybe in
the wall over the door instead.

They are very useful when you want doors shut, but still want air to
circulate.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["We are all of us in the gutter, some of us
looking at the stars." -- Oscar Wilde]