[rescue] SGI Challenge L systems available in Denver

Shawn Wallbridge shawn at synack-hosting.com
Thu Sep 16 11:51:40 CDT 2004

Well, I let it run overnight once without any ducting, and the room was
warmer than normal, but not that bad. But that was with no load and in
it's current configuration (16x195MHz R10k). In a couple of weeks it
will be getting a bit of an upgrade (12 more processors, 1GB more
memory) and I hope to have it running next week (I keep putting off
installing the OS, because it's such a pain) at that point, I will at
least load SETI to keep it busy, so we will see what kind of heat it
puts out.

I have quite a few machines running in the room, lots of which are
clients machines (I run a hosting/co-locating company on the side) and
I can't have my toys cause problems with their machines.

One thing that surprised me was the lack of heat the e450 generates. I
was expecting much more heat (and noise) out of it.

shawn