[rescue] SGI Challenge L systems available in Denver

Kirk Lane ayocee at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 13:44:21 CDT 2004

> > Would it be more efficient to distribute something like 48VDC through a
> > room/house, than to just use local conversion?
>
> If you had enough stuff that ran directly off of 48VDC, yes.

This is sooner than you think - thanks to all of the devices in a car
these days, power transmission and efficiency is becoming an issue
even over those relatively short distances.  IIRC we'll be seeing a
move towards higher-voltage systems in cars (either 42V or 48V, I
can't remember at the moment) within a few years here.