[rescue] SGI Challenge L systems available in Denver

Kirk Lane ayocee at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 11:36:24 CDT 2004

> " They're becoming common for traffic uses too.  Lighted signs and
> " car tail lights.
>
> passed a fedex truck just the other night, with its flashers on.  they
> were all led arrays, back and side!  only the fronts were still bulbs.

LED taillights are truly great.  Shortly after GM started putting them
in the back of some Cadillacs, some hobbyists came out with a retrofit
kit to install similar lights in my truck; I bought one of the first
kits, since I was sick of the bulbs which were dim at best and
probably downright dangerous.  Considering that the taillights are
perfectly rectangular (1970 GMC) it probably didn't take a whole lot
of work to plot out a rectangular PCB with 168 LEDs and three wires to
a standard 1157 bulb socket.  The result is amazing.

--
Kirk
ayocee at gmail.com