[rescue] Building Sendmail 8.13.1

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Fri Sep 17 15:50:04 CDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 12:03:23PM -0700, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

> I just did a bit of Googling, and what I can't find is (a) a good
> introduction to Postfix and (b) a "how to switch from sendmail" guide.
>
> Can one just download-untar-make-install and have it work in a safe and sane
> manner?

Shel,
Installing Postfix is a breeze.  The docs included with it should be
enough to get you up and running if you're moderately familiar with
MTAs, and the docs on www.postfix.org, while not as well organized as
they could be, are accurate and readable.  There's enough of us that run
it that if you run into trouble we should be able to help you out.

(It's not like *I*, for one, have anything better to do with my time
that doesn't give me anxiety attacks.)

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net