[rescue] OT: LPR & 9100

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Wed Sep 15 00:12:51 CDT 2004

On Sep 14, 2004, at 12:59 AM, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> You shouldn't even NEED the Win2k3 boxen.  Every Jetdirect I am
> familiar with can accept LPR jobs straight over the TCP/IP network.

The XIO boards cannot. (HP LJ III style).  These were dumb protocol
(raw) only.  In fact, some of them required being configured by a BOOTP
server somewhere on the network.  I think the board came in 3
versions... TCP/IP (had one), IPX (didn't have one), and LocalTalk (had
one).  None of these did LPR.

Andrew