[rescue] OT: Cellphone SMS to email

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Wed May 26 10:05:45 CDT 2004

 Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 says ...
> On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 10:34:10AM -0400, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> >
> > What I want is to be able to send mail _from_ a phone as easily
> > as sending an SMS message.
>
> This depends on the phone, no?  The old Nokia I have has a space in the
> addressbook for email address.  I assume if I ever set up SMS/email it
> could use that address.

Right.  That's what I want to avoid.  I want the sender to send an SMS
message, no set-up, no add-ons, no e-mail address, from any SMS-capable
phone, just like he'd send it to another SMS phone, and have the message end
up in a designated e-mail account on a designated server.

> Hmmm, have a look at Chikka.com - they have a Windows and Mac client,
> but they also have some kind of service that handles SMS <--> email.
>
> They seem to make their money on kickbacks from the SMS messages they
> generate - so it is "free" to you.

I see lots of stuff on their site about _sending_ mail _to_ phones, but
nothing about what I'm seeking ... what am I missing?

-Shel