[rescue] OT: Cellphone SMS to email

Caleb Shay caleb at webninja.com
Wed May 26 09:49:50 CDT 2004

Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

> I want to have a special account with the cell company so people can just
> send an SMS message to a phone number, but it automagically (and without
> user action) becomes e-mail to a certain address.  Is that possible?

Technically I suppose it's possible, but I don't know of any cell
company that offers it.  Nextel lets you associate an email address a
person as well as their phone number, so you can just choose the person
from your address book and send any type of message, including one
especially cool feature where you leave a voice message for a number, it
gets converted to an mp3 and then a link to the mp3 is emailed to the
person.

Caleb