[rescue] Origin 2000 Questions

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Wed May 12 20:19:38 CDT 2004

>> Does the term "ethically challenged" mean anything here?  Setting up a
>> "don't bid against me" list is the consumer equivalent of the sellers
>> forming a cartel to artifically limit availability.  Count me out,
>> TYVM: I
>> like being able to face myself.
>>

> IMO, this is more like me telling a few freinds of mine that I want
> something on eBay, and not to bid against me. I might agree with you if
> we set up a *community* expressely for this purpose; however, since
> we're just talking about a list of names -> eBay IDs, among friends who
> are already in a community with one another. Just my take. (Of course,
> the bigger this list of names/IDs gets, the less it will resemble a
> group of friends and the more it will resemble a cartel.)

I can think of several rules agains sellers organizing; I can think of
none against *buyers* organizing.

I can't think of any time that buyers would get in trouble for
organizing *not* to buy something, either. (Boycott?)

I really don't know how often a list member outbids another. (Heck, I
don't even know how many list members there are!) For important stuff I
suppose I'd just  post a message asking you folks not to outbid me.

SteveS