[rescue] Origin 2000 Questions (now ebay bidding list)

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Thu May 13 08:25:40 CDT 2004

I agree somewhat here.  Whether a list is setup or not (i
thought one already was), i will not be taking part in it.  If
there is a piece of equipment up for auction and i need it (or
want it) then i'll bid as much for it as i am willing to go for
it.  That is the whole IDEA behind auctions.

While you so concerned about not stepping on anyone's toes, what
about when list members sell items on ebay?  Do we want to limit
their final sale price by not "driving up prices".

My grandfather frequently takes part in land auctions and has bid
against his friends and family, even his own brother, and
they of course, have bid against him.  Has this affected their
relationship in anyway?  Of course not, because they are all
adults and understand going into it that that is how auctions
work.

Occasionally, i will refrain from bidding if i see something that
a list member is already bidding on and that item is not
critical to me.  But i make NO promises that it will never
happen, and when that inevitable day comes when another list
member out bids me, congratulations.

/KRM

On Wed, 12 May 2004 16:24:23 -0600 (MDT)
John Michael Bischoff <biscjohn at locutus.isu.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, 12 May 2004, Caleb Shay wrote:
>
> > An unintentional snipe, I assure you.  I checked my auctions
> > and found out I had been outbid 2 minutes before the auction
> > closed.  We really ought to build a list of listmember's ebay
> > ID's so we don't bid against each other and drive up prices.
>
> Does the term "ethically challenged" mean anything here?
> Setting up a"don't bid against me" list is the consumer
> equivalent of the sellers forming a cartel to artifically limit
> availability.  Count me out, TYVM: I like being able to face

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."
keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/