[rescue] Distributed Folding Updated

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Tue May 4 15:36:55 CDT 2004

On Tue, 4 May 2004 15:42:18 -0400, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> It was a problem with the -qt flag, they say; on my machine, it would
> crap out immediately on start-up.  If I went back to the previous
> version, it would download the buggy version, update itself, and crap
> out.

Strange ... I wasn't using the -qt flag, although I should have been
and had to turn it on to get the new version working.

> So I downloaded and installed the new version "by hand", and it has
> been running fine on my Challenge L (4xR10k) for 24 hours.

Looks ok at this end. My Octane hasn't blinked throughout the whole
period.

I guess this will disappoint the computer room staff who have been
entertained by the pretty CPU graphs going up and down.