[rescue] Re: rescue Digest, Vol 16, Issue 59

Ross Bernheim rossber at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 23 00:44:05 CST 2004

On Monday, March 22, 2004, at 07:21 AM, rescue-request at sunhelp.org
wrote:

>> Rescue is the Apple IIGS system sitting on a shelf waiting for
>> me to get it up and running. I wonder if I can get it to read
>> my original Applesoft cassette before I donate the tape to the
>> Computer Musem?
>>
>    A tape, you say? Hook up your stereo, rip the data to an MP3, and
> post it to USENET as a Modonna song -- it'll be archived forever!

Great idea, but I don't need to hook it to the stereo, just run the
output
from the cassette deck to the Onkyo A/D to USB box and right into the
Mac and rip to AAC to play back on the iPod!

Ross

This week on a very special episode of NBC's "The Apprentice": "And
since we've decided its considerably more cost-effective to produce this
show in Mexico, you're all fired!"