[rescue] Re: rescue Digest, Vol 16, Issue 59

Ross Bernheim rossber at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 23 00:55:21 CST 2004

On Monday, March 22, 2004, at 07:21 AM, rescue-request at sunhelp.org
wrote:

> I don't remember a magazine that came with a record. I do remember a
> magazine that had all the programs as barcodes in the back of the
> magazine. I guess you could just take the barcode reader and enter in
> the
> program. Nobody I knew owned a barcode reader. Very few people I know
> own
> them decades later. Does anybody know what magazine had the barcodes?

I believe there were several magazines that used barcodes, at least one
was
an Apple oriented magazine, and I believe Kilobaude used them for a
while.

Had a bar code reader for my HP 41C calculator, and have a Cue Cat
barcode
scanner for my Mac, (Of course I disabled the crypto).

Ross

They said that President Bush's war in Iraq has cost the former Spanish
Prime Minister his job. So President Bush isn't losing American jobs
anymore, he's branching out to other countries.