[rescue] DEC BA35 storage boxes

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Mar 22 16:13:46 CST 2004

I got a DEC BA35 storageworks box.

It has Seagate Barracuda drives in it.

Does anyone here know how to configure a drive to work in these units?

Opening the RZ29 box and replacing the existing drive is fairly simple,
but I cannot get the external LED working like it does with the old
Seagate drives.

I'm having a hard time finding a reference.

I put in a Fujitsu drive for testing.  I jumpered the LED pin on the
drive configuration block, but that doesn't appear to work.

I don't even get the power LED working.

The drive itself has an LED on the front, and I can see activity on
that, but I really want the external LEDs working.

Any help appreciated.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny." --
Unknown]