[rescue] Needed: SM61/SM81

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Mon Mar 15 16:04:53 CST 2004

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Dave McGuire wrote:

> On Mar 14, 2004, at 6:57 PM, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> > So I've just picked up a new toy that a friend of mine is holding on to
> > (well I guess he physically went to get it, but I paid for it...):
> > http://www.ozonelair.com/computers/sun/sc2000e/
>
>    Holy cow...that machine has a VERY LARGE NUMBER of SCSI host adapters.
>
>    *boggle*

Yeah, about 24 of them... every SBUS slot has a SCSI card of some sort in
it.  I'm wondering where this thing came from...  I'm thinking I'll want
to take out most of them, so it doesn't take 1/2hr to boot!

>    Hey, that's a nice VAX-11/750 sitting there too. :-)  Is it
> operational?

"I'm working on it."  It seems to have all the cards, including some
UNIBUS stuff in it, but I don't yet have any MASSBUS disks or UNIBUS disk
controllers that I've got disks for.  And I also don't have an TU58 carts
(although I've got images thanks to Michael Sokolov (if spelled
correctly)).  I've gotta set up a copy of TU58sim on something...when I
get some spare time.

BTW, this thing even has the FP accelerator board.  Time for some
high-speed number crunching! (yeah right :)

I've still got a link to info about it as a link off my website:
http://computer-refuge.org

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS