[rescue] Needed: SM61/SM81

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Mar 15 11:41:48 CST 2004

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:

> I was just reading up on the Challenge XL's and they can have up to 42
> SCSI Busses. That's crazy.

Yes, it is.

I think the Challenge I have has something like 20 or 22, and all but
one is configured to be differential.

> I was talking with a friend of mine and we were joking about getting
> a Challenge Vault and filling it (96 disks) with the Acard IDE->SCSI
> adapters and those new 400GB Hitachi drives.  38TB in one box.

As much as I despise IDE, I really like that idea, especially when
combined with a fast RAID controller.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."