[rescue] Needed: SM61/SM81

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Mar 15 15:10:13 CST 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 05:04:53PM -0500, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> Yeah, about 24 of them... every SBUS slot has a SCSI card of some sort in
> it.  I'm wondering where this thing came from...  I'm thinking I'll want
> to take out most of them, so it doesn't take 1/2hr to boot!

Don't do that.  Instead hook up 336 disks.  Lets see.  If using 144gig
SCSI drives, thats a modest 48.4 terabytes.  If instead you use acards
and 400 gig IDE disks, you can expand to a more appealling 134.4
terabytes.

Imagine what you could sock away on that NAS server.

On second thought, maybe you should take out half the SCSI cards and put
in a mixture of FDDI, Myrinet, and FastE cards.

OK, I'm just dreaming obviously.