[rescue] Any HP/Nextstep PA gurus about?

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Thu Feb 19 23:19:14 CST 2004

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, William Barnett-Lewis wrote:

NextStep for PA was a pain in the neck to install on my 755, I am too
using a plextor CD. It turned out that changing from a 2 GB to a 1GB HDD
solved the installation problem, never truly figured out what was going on
with the previous HDD (which I had used to install other OSs w/o any
problem).

Other than that NS is very picky about both the CD rom or the CD-R media
it may come in. Was a petty painful install as far as I can remember. You
should also play with either the CDROM having an ID higher than the HDD or
vice versa, since I think the instructions on OpenPA were wrong. As usual
I figure things out and I am too lazy to write down the procedure (so I am
talking from hazy memories).