[rescue] Any HP/Nextstep PA gurus about?

William Barnett-Lewis wlewis at mailbag.com
Thu Feb 19 22:19:32 CST 2004

I've got - or at least thought I had - all the bits together to set up
Nextstep 3.3 on my 9000/715/64. Of course it's not that simple...

So the question is - just how fussy is the 715 about bootable cdrom
drives? I have my 512k block 4x Plextor installed that boots sun, sgi,
vax, etc. with no problem but I'm getting a "boot process failed" error.
I have the cdrom at id 1 and the disk to install to at 0 ala the
openpa.org nextstep page and I am using the command "boot scsi.1" to try
to boot. It does this to the nextstep cd I have, to a cdr of HPUX
10.20 from a rescue member and to the 11.0 cdr's I got direct from
HP last summer, all of which inclines me towards the cdrom as being the
villain here. The jumpers are set up according to the manual I
downloaded from Plextor - id 1, parity on, term off (it is physically
between the disk and the motherboard connection), block on.

Any hints? Or anyone with an old HP A2655 or Toshiba XM-3401 for me to
borrow or buy?

William
--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.