[rescue] SS/10 CPU Question...

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Fri Feb 13 11:06:05 CST 2004

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 09:00:27AM -0800, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Well, to be honest, I put more money into, say, the SS/20 than I could
> ever get out of it ($50 for the CPUs, who knows what I spent on the 8
> Meg VSIMMs and Aux. Video card, slim CD and the 6x 64 Meg DIMMs) - I've
> easily spent $125 on the box over time, and I think I'd be lucky to
> find someone to give me $30 for the system, and then pay $10-15 to ship
> it, since that is what U1s are going for. ;^)

It seems to me that a modest SS20 (50mhz proc + 64megs ram minimum) is
worth about $30.  Better SS20s are worth more, but I would imagine it
would be quite hard to find a buyer would would want to spend $125 for
the machine.  Still, considering what is in it, it could be worth it to
someone.  Thing is most people won't care about things like the second
video card.  That's always the problem with trying to sell high end
configurations of things.