[rescue] OT: Should I Cisco Cert?

Jeff Workman jworkman at pimpworks.org
Tue Feb 3 22:23:33 CST 2004

--On Tuesday, February 03, 2004 2:22 PM -0800 Nadine Miller
<vraptor at promessage.com> wrote:

> And, if I were to take a job that included production
> Windows support, that would allow me to legitimately
> add a *lot* of stuff that I can't add right now b/c
> I have no way to back it up.  There are a lot more jobs
> that are UNIX + Windows than there are straight up
> UNIX alone.  Idiots are bearable.

That's what I was thinking when I took the job that I just took.  I have
been working IT jobs for almost 5 years and until November I hadn't had a
job that required me to touch a M$ "server", or even a M$ workstation other
than my own.  Now, after not even touching an Active Directory network
before, I am responsible for one.

You learn a lot through "trial by fire."  And suddenly I am finding all
kinds of things to put on my resume.

-J

--
Jeff Workman | jworkman at pimpworks.org | http://www.pimpworks.org