[rescue] OT: Should I Cisco Cert?

Nadine Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Tue Feb 3 16:22:35 CST 2004

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 05:30:44PM -0000, Nadine Miller wrote:
>
>>Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:
>>
>>>I have worked with guys from York Technical Institute - they were
>>>hired at a company I did some work for.  That company was completely
>>>without any IT understanding.
>>
>>You obviously have a job.
>>
>>If it comes down to working with idiots or not having a job,
>>at this point, I'll take the former.
>

> Absolutely, but dealing with idiots may mean that you are degrading
> your skills because you are doing clicky-clicky on Windows.

I believe being on the bench for close to 2 years was
more of a detriment than me than listing basic
"clickity" Windoze desktop projects--favors for
friends--into resume fodder.

And, if I were to take a job that included production
Windows support, that would allow me to legitimately
add a *lot* of stuff that I can't add right now b/c
I have no way to back it up.  There are a lot more jobs
that are UNIX + Windows than there are straight up
UNIX alone.  Idiots are bearable.

More doors to stick feet into are better as far as I
am concerned.

=Nadine=