[rescue] OT: Should I Cisco Cert?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 18:34:59 CST 2004

--- Nadine Miller <vraptor at promessage.com> wrote:

> Having been "on scholarship" in college in late 80's, at that
> time, an official obligation did not kick in until after your
> second year of the scholarship.

"Two and Screw" - that's what we called it at Stevens Institute of
Technology - if you dropped befor your third year, you had no
obligation...

Another friend did his four years in ROTC, head cadet and everything,
but didn't get active duty - boy, was he pissed, he based his career
around going into the military. BUT, he wasn't on scholarship, and the
Army had too many ROTCs coming up at the same time I guess...

He didn't enjoy his 4 years in the reserves...

> It's pretty difficult to lose a non-medical/non-law Army or
> Marine Corps scholarship, short of flunking out of school or
> winding up in jail.  Navy scholarships are the toughest to
> keep--you have to make the grade in engineering courses even
> if you are not an engineering major.

I was thinking about hte flunking thing. If you pay for med school and
flunk, you owe $$, if you have the military pay, you could owe money
and time, that is all I meant...

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall