[rescue] RE: [geeks] The Mini-ITX box is done!

mrl vlack-lists at vlack.com
Wed Aug 4 15:02:10 CDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 12:59, Gary Nichols wrote:

> I don't mean to be a Gentoo cheerleader here, but it does truly *just
> work*.  I have replaced every linux system I touch with Gentoo, and now I
> have even more time to spend with my G5.  :-)

I recommend it for the init scripts alone. Better than Red Hat, and
beats the shit outta debian scripts.

The package management system is a close second, though. You can compile
apache with mysql, but not ssl support, by using the package management
instead of either rolling your own rpms or bypassing distro package
management entirely. Very cool.