[rescue] AT&T 3b2's for rescue

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Oct 29 13:29:03 CST 2003

Steve Hatle wrote:

> Depends. If they are 3b2/300 or 3b2/310, then they are the size of the
> machine pictured. If they are a 3b2/500 or 600, then they are about 2 feet
> wide, 1 1/2 feet tall, and about 3 feet deep- think Coleman cooler or about
> 2/3 the size of an E250.

If I remember correctly they were a 400 (6 slots?) and a 310 (300 with a
400 motherboard in it).

> None of the 3b2 series had ethernet standard. You could get an ethernet
> card, and I believe the TCP/IP stuff was an add-on package not included in
> the regular OS distribution, IIRC.

The distribution I had was system V r3.2 including TCP/IP. I think
there was at least one ethernet card between them, but I can't remember
and the person who has them can't move them to look :-(

I think the scsi support was for the wrong release, and I never got it to
work. All the software was on floppies.

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com 972-54-608-069