[rescue] wanted: diskimage for sun3 architecture

James Birdsall jwbirdsa at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 16 00:20:30 CDT 2003

>From: "Kevin Loch" <kloch at gurunet.net>
> I got 3.5 running on a 3/260 with no problems.  I wrote
> the 5 tape images onto 5 qic60 tapes (even though they were originally
> on 20 meg tapes).  I don't remember the tape boot command, but it
> was not as straightforward as the 4.1.1 tape.

IIRC, from installing 3.2 on a 2/120, there's a standalone
partitioner/formatter which you need to boot to prepare the disk, then you
boot the miniroot from tape. There was some kind of installer in the
miniroot but nothing very fancy. On the other hand, it was more
sophisticated than SunOS 2.something, which just had a little shell script
which untarred from the tape onto the disk.

--James B.