[rescue] Spaceball + IRIX?

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Mon Nov 10 13:26:35 CST 2003

I'm in the same boat.  I used 3D Studio DOS since version 2.0 (~1992) and switched to Max when it
came out in '96.  But i don't have any Win32 boxes at home either so i no longer run Max (excluding
an Alpha which can boot NT but very rarely does.)

I'm trying to get the hang of Maya these days but i no longer do any 3D work professionally so it's
hard to justify the time.  I do miss it though.  I don't miss dealing with clients however.

/KRM

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:25:00 -0500
Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:27:31 -0500 (EST)
> Kevin wrote:
>
> > Rhino does solids?  What version?  I worked with the beta for over a
> > year but never went into it after final.  I think that was one of the
> > longest public betas in history :)
> >

> The beta was nice while it lasted, and I was certainly happy it lasted
> so long.  The price, after the beta period, was attractive as well.
> I had a client that used Rhino, and they let me use a license for
> playing around.  That was pretty cool.  V2.0 is most excellent, what
> I've been able to use of it.  Since I no longer run any Windows
> machines, it's been tough to use it.  :)
>

> > Rhino and Max were a good combo back then.  Max didn't have NURBS and
> > when they added them it took a while for them to mature.  Patches were
> > great in Max though.  There was this really cheap plug in(~$150)
> > called Surface Tools where you created the frame work and it generated
> > the patches over them. Damn i loved that thing....
> >

> That's mostly what I used MAX for.  Model in Rhino, import into MAX,
> texture and render.  I didn't, and still don't, do much animation.
>
> --
> Kurt                        "I'm utterly clueless...."
> kurt at k-huhn.com                          Verisign VP Chuck Gomes

"Microsoft is fighting these initiatives (OSS in government) like a cornered badger on
amphetamines."

keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/