[rescue] Spaceball + IRIX?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Nov 10 13:25:00 CST 2003

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:27:31 -0500 (EST)
Kevin wrote:

> Rhino does solids?  What version?  I worked with the beta for over a
> year but never went into it after final.  I think that was one of the
> longest public betas in history :)

The beta was nice while it lasted, and I was certainly happy it lasted
so long.  The price, after the beta period, was attractive as well.
I had a client that used Rhino, and they let me use a license for
playing around.  That was pretty cool.  V2.0 is most excellent, what
I've been able to use of it.  Since I no longer run any Windows
machines, it's been tough to use it.  :)

> Rhino and Max were a good combo back then.  Max didn't have NURBS and
> when they added them it took a while for them to mature.  Patches were
> great in Max though.  There was this really cheap plug in(~$150)
> called Surface Tools where you created the frame work and it generated
> the patches over them. Damn i loved that thing....

That's mostly what I used MAX for.  Model in Rhino, import into MAX,
texture and render.  I didn't, and still don't, do much animation.

--
Kurt                        "I'm utterly clueless...."
kurt at k-huhn.com                          Verisign VP Chuck Gomes