[rescue] Spaceball + IRIX?

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Mon Nov 10 09:27:31 CST 2003

Rhino does solids?  What version?  I worked with the beta for over a year but never went into it
after final.  I think that was one of the longest public betas in history :)

Rhino and Max were a good combo back then.  Max didn't have NURBS and when they added them it took a
while for them to mature.  Patches were great in Max though.  There was this really cheap plug in
(~$150) called Surface Tools where you created the frame work and it generated the patches over
them. Damn i loved that thing....

/KRM

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 17:04:39 -0500
Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 15:03:15 -0600
> Joshua Boyd wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 03:57:42PM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > >
> > > Really?  I used a dual PPro200 with a FireGL1000Pro, and it worked
> > > *great* with 3DSMAX 1.2.
> >
> > Hardy har har.
> >

> Yeah, that was a lame attempt at a jab - and I forgot my smiley.
>

> > 3.0 also runs nicely on that machine.  Haven't used anything newer.
> > 2.x sucked so much.  I couldn't believe anyone would want to use it.
> >

> I haven't used anything newer than 1.2 - because I found Rhino3D and it
> rocked all sorts of solid modeling goodness.  It didn't have a renderer
> or an animator, but creating models was smooth as silk.
>
> --
> Kurt                        "I'm utterly clueless...."
> kurt at k-huhn.com                          Verisign VP Chuck Gomes

"Microsoft is fighting these initiatives (OSS in government) like a cornered badger on
amphetamines."

keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/